BAFS and External Events
The British Academy of Forensic Sciences (BAFS) held its first meeting in 1960. BAFS is a unique organisation formed from a unique mix of forensic medicine (pathologist, psychiatrists, physicians (FMEs), scientist and lawyers. Our events are usually based in London.
Next BAFS Event
International Conference: Neuroscience and the Law
Venue: Gray's Inn
A multi-disciplinary meeting to discuss and debate the place of neuroscience in the law, now and in the future.
Regular BAFS Events
Venue: Royal Society of Medicine, London
The recent disasters, such as Grenfell Tower and Westminster Bridge, has highlighted how forensic science plays an important part in victim identification.A panel of experts will examine how forensic odontology, anthropology and pathology contribute to the identification process.
Learn about the psychological impact such events can have on victims, hearing more about the nature of the subsequent inquests from those supporting them.
- How forensic odontology contributes to disaster victim identification
- How forensic anthropology contributes to disaster victim identification
- How forensic pathology contributes to disaster victim identification
- How victims are affected by disasters
- How psychologists manage victims of disasters